Posted by starwoodgal on February 18, 2010
This is yumminess on a pita chip. It is another ‘big box retailer sample people recipe’ to go along with the little Puttanesca Burger Bite recipe from yesterday. I nearly hurt myself pushing little old ladies shopping carts out of the way the the day they had samples in the store (just kidding). People were lined up waiting for the sample lady to make batch after batch of this stuff. I highly recommend this one with the burgers or not with the burgers. Just make it and enjoy with a lovely Shiraz wine.
Pita Chips and Tapenade
Serves 30 – Preparation Time: 30 minutes
3/4 cup Manzanilla Spanish Olives, diced
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
5 oz. Bourin’s Garlic and Herb Cheese Spread
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries
30 New York Style or Stacy’s Pita Chips
1. Mix diced olives with olive oil and salt. Add waltnuts and cranberries; mix to incorporate.
2. Spread each pita chip with cheese spread and top with tapenade.
Posted in Appetizers-Snacks, Cooking with Starwoodgal | Tagged: Arkansas, Blog, Blogging, cooking, cranberries, easy, food, Northwest, olives, quick, recipe, recipes, Rogers, savory, Starwoodgal, tapenade | Leave a Comment »
Posted by starwoodgal on February 17, 2010
You may have heard about a large retailer recently cutting their personnel in their warehouse stores. And, by personnel – I mean the wonderful people who gave out samples of the food while you go about your shopping. My husband really misses the sample people. Shopping isn’t the same for him anymore. Well – a couple of evenings ago I was cleaning out my office and organizing stuff to go in the attic etc. etc. etc. and found a recipe card that I picked up from one of the sample people and that I thought was lost because it fell into the black hole a.k.a. my home office. Upon reading the recipe my mouth was watering and I remember how down right tasty these little suckers were. And, you know me – easy – easy – easy. I had to share. Here ya go!
Big Box Retailer Recipe for Puttanesca Burger Bites
Serves 16 Preparation Time: 25 mins – yields 50
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (use the good stuff people)
8 slices provolone cheese
16 slices french bread
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1 can Rotel Diced Tomatoes w/green chilies, drained
Weber Grill Creations Gourmet Burger Seasoning
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup Manzanilla Spanish Olives, diced
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add garlic and Italian seasoning. Stir for about 30 seconds, then add olives. Mix well and saute’ for 1 minute, then add Rotel tomatoes and green chilies. Simmer 5 to 7 minutes longer. Lower heat, cover and keep warm.
2. Divide ground chuck into 1 oz. portions and form into 1/4″ thick patties. Dust both sides with Gourmet Burger Seasonings.
3. Heat another skillet over medium heat and spray with olive oil spray or use a little liquid olive oil; add burger patties and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Top each burger with a spoonful of olive topping and a half-slice of Provolone cheese. Cover skillet, turn off heat and allow to sit for one minute. Place burgers on french bread slices and enjoy.
These little babies were really yummy and it was embarrassing how many times my husband went back for a ‘sample’. Aww – the sample people. You will be missed.
I will post the PERFECT side dish recipe to go along with this tomorrow. Yes – another sample people recipe from that day. Same card. Wish I had some right now.
Posted in Appetizers-Snacks, Beef and Game, Cooking with Starwoodgal | Tagged: Arkansas, bites, Blog, Blogging, burger, cooking, easy, food, Northwest, Puttanesca, quick, recipe, recipes, Rogers, savory, Starwoodgal | 1 Comment »